Spicy Thai peanut soba noodles!
You heard me right. These creamy, spicy, delectable noodles are so gosh darn addicting, I could eat them several times a week. The best part? They are super easy to make. Just a handful of ingredients, a very short cooking time and boom! Noodles are on the table! Even better, I take of leftovers with the recipe. I typically have some sort of chicken in the fridge, be it from a roasted chicken, or just some extra breasts or thighs I cooked for another supper, chicken is always in the fridge.
It’s the cooked chicken that makes these spicy Thai peanut soba noodles so quick to prepare. If you don’t have, no worries! You can grab a rotisserie chicken, quickly poach a breast or two, or leave it out altogether. It is that type of flexibility that draws me to cooking so much. You take a basic recipe and change it up to fit your needs or what you have in the fridge.
Besides being quick and easy to make, you can eat these noodles hot, at room temp, or even cold and still have something absolutely delish in front of you. It all starts with some carrots and mushrooms.
Simply peel, then cut two large carrots into matchstick-size pieces. Don’t worry if they’re not perfect.
Slice up a few mushrooms, then quickly stir fry them and the carrots in a bit of oil.
Remove them from your wok and add in another tablespoon of oil along with the red curry paste. Cook the paste for just a minute before adding in the rest of the sauce ingredients. While that is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil and quickly cook the soba noodles. They certainly don’t take very long to cook at all. When the noodles are done, drain and give them a quick rinse before tossing the noodles, and the rest of the ingredients into the saucy pool.
Toss everything together and that’s it! You have an incredible meal to serve up to your family in less than 30 minutes! By the way… I’m totally eating these Thai peanut soba noodles as I type up this post. I told you they were addicting!
Love this recipe? Have a question? Let me know in the comment section below. Want more great recipes like Spicy Thai Peanut Soba Noodles with Chicken in your inbox each week? Click here for free updates!
Spicy and creamy, Thai Peanut noodles are as easy to make as they are addictive!
- 2 large carrots
- 4 oz mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken breast in bite sized pieces
- 12 oz soba noodles
For the Sauce
- 1 tbs oil (Peanut, vegetable and canola are all good choices)
- 1 tbs Thai red curry paste (see note)
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 c natural peanut butter
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the soba noodles according to package directions. These shouldn’t take very long to cook. Drain and rinse.
- Peel and cut the carrots into matchstick sized pieces
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Add 1 tbs oil to a wok and quickly stir fry the carrots and mushrooms over high heat.
- Remove from the wok and add another 1 tbs oil as well as the Thai red curry paste.
- Cook for 60 seconds, then turn the heat to low
- Add in the coconut milk, peanut butter, sugar and lime juice, whisking to combine.
- Turn the heat up to medium and cook the sauce, stirring often until it just starts to bubble.
- Remove the sauce from heat and toss with the cooked soba noodles, chicken and veggies.
If you have access to an Asian grocery, get a good quality Thai Red Curry paste. Adjust the amount of paste to suit your heat level. I used a homemade paste that has a nice heat to it.