Get ready for the big game with pulled pork nachos. These babies are everything nachos should be: spicy, cheesy, colorful and MESSY! Made in minutes, they are the perfect snack for rooting against the Patriots!
For pickled red onions:
1 red onions, sliced
1/2 c water
1/2 c red wine vinegar
1 tbs white sugar
1 tsp salt
For the Cheese Sauce
1 tbs flour
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp ground chipotle powder
2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 (13/14oz) bag of tortilla chips
2 cups pulled pork
1 cup sour cream
zest and juice of 1 lime
1 avocado diced
1 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
Small tomato, diced
Quick Pickled Red Onions:
- Slice the red onion and place in a heat safe bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, red wine vinegar, salt and sugar to a full boil.
- Pour the hot liquid over the sliced onion and let sit until needed.
Chipotle Cheese Sauce:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, whisk in the flour and cook for 60 seconds.
- Slowly add in the milk while whisking to prevent lumps.
- Bring to a boil and whisk in the chipotle powder.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream with the zest and juice of one lime to make the crema.
- Grab a large platter or cookie sheet and empty the entire bag of tortilla chips onto it.
- Heat up the pulled pork and scatter it on top of your chips.
- Drizzle the spicy cheese sauce all over the top, making sure no chip is left behind.
- Follow that up with the lime crema.
- Remove the pickled red onions from the pickling liquid and scatter amongst the chips.
- Top it off with diced avocado, diced tomato, and chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice if desired.