Chicken Cheese Steak ‘Rice’ bowls are a keto friend and easy to make. Thinly sliced chicken breast is quickly cooked with onions and peppers and topped with delicious provolone cheese before being served over cauliflower ‘rice.’
2 onions, sliced
2 bell peppers, sliced
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz provolone cheese, sliced
2 tbs cooking oil
Salt and Pepper
- Place the chicken breast into the freezer for 15 minutes as it makes it easier to thinly slice when it’s cold.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add in 1 tbs of cooking oil
- Add the onions and peppers to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the onions have softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds before removing to a plate and setting it aside.
- Place the pan back on the heat and add the remaining 1 tbs of cooking oil.
- Add the thinly sliced chicken in a single layer, cooking in two batches if needed. If you over crowned the pan, the chicken won’t brown.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, add the onions and peppers back into the pan and cook until warmed backed through.
- Preheat the broiler
- Lay the sliced provolone ontop the chicken, onions, and peppers. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Serve on top of warmed cauliflower rice.