Just this past Sunday, the mighty Eagles did the unthinkable and won the super bowl. What a better way to celebrate their victory by chowing down on some cheesesteaks? Chicken cheesesteak ‘rice’ bowls are a keto friendly, healthier option that doesn’t leave you feeling like you’ve missed out on flavor.
Lots of onions and peppers are sliced up, sautéed with just a bit of garlic and salt until they’re soft but still crunchy before being combined with delicious thinly sliced chicken breast and topped with melty provolone cheese.
The best way to get super thin slices on your chicken breast? Freeze it first! Placing the chicken in the freezer for 15 minutes firms up the meat allowing you to easily slice through and create beautiful thin slices that cook up in no time. The seasoning for the chicken is the same as the onions and peppers. Just a bit of salt and garlic.
Once everything is cooked, sharp provolone cheese tops the chicken and is placed under a broiler. The provolone melts and creates the crowning glory of any cheesesteak recipe! Using some cauliflower rice as a bed keeps these chicken cheesesteak keto and waistline friendly while still satisfying your hunger.
The best part? This chicken cheesesteak recipe is great for your weekly lunch-time meal prep! Just divide among 5 airtight containers and you have the perfect lunch all week long.
Love this recipe? Have a question? Let me know in the comment section below. Want more great recipes like Keto-Friendly Chicken Cheesesteak 'Rice' Bowls in your inbox each week? Click here for free updates!
Chicken Cheese Steak ‘Rice’ bowls are a keto friend and easy to make. Thinly sliced chicken breast is quickly cooked with onions and peppers and topped with delicious provolone cheese before being served over cauliflower ‘rice.’
2 onions, sliced
2 bell peppers, sliced
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz provolone cheese, sliced
2 tbs cooking oil
Salt and Pepper
- Place the chicken breast into the freezer for 15 minutes as it makes it easier to thinly slice when it’s cold.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add in 1 tbs of cooking oil
- Add the onions and peppers to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the onions have softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds before removing to a plate and setting it aside.
- Place the pan back on the heat and add the remaining 1 tbs of cooking oil.
- Add the thinly sliced chicken in a single layer, cooking in two batches if needed. If you over crowned the pan, the chicken won’t brown.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, add the onions and peppers back into the pan and cook until warmed backed through.
- Preheat the broiler
- Lay the sliced provolone ontop the chicken, onions, and peppers. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Serve on top of warmed cauliflower rice.