I Love Food!!!
I’m just a girl, standing in front of a
boy table, asking them to love me!
Wait, this isn’t a movie set? Well, there goes that idea. Guess I’ll stick with cooking.
I’m Erica and food is my passion. I’m not a trained chef by any stretch of the imagination, I just love to cook! My husband Jared and our two kids just happen to be lifelong taste testers and food eaters which works out perfectly for me. I’m always looking for guniea pigs.
Together, we fill the seats around the Moses Family Table.
Moses Family Table is just that, a table where my family gathers to share a meal. Growing up, supper time was always important. You needed to be home by the time mom had dinner on the table. It was a time to share what happened during the day, reconnect as a family and fill our bellies with delicious home-cooked meals. You never went hungry at our house and there was always a spot at the table for you.
I’ve taken that idea and brought to my own family. In this busy world of go go go, and technology-driven lives, it’s important to gather around the family table. Everything is turned off and set aside so that we may enjoy each other. With two young kids, this is especially important to me as it gives me a chance to focus on them and listen while making sure they eat a balanced meal. And just like my mom, I’ve kept a spot at the table just for you.
While I enjoy making most things from scratch, I know this isn’t always possible for the average family in our fast-paced worlds which is why I’ve started saying to “Take shortcuts where you must out of respect for time, not laziness.” I want to provide delicious, relatively healthy meals for my family while allowing my children to experience more than hot dogs and chicken nuggets. The day my eight-year-old asked for beef tongue for supper, I knew I was fostering a love of food within her.
So come grab a seat at my table. The door is always open, the food plentiful and the view is fantastic!
Random Facts about ME!
- I have always lived in the state of Pennsylvania. I grew up in Milford (the one in the NE corner of the state, not the one near Philly), now I live in Genesee. (Just try and find THAT on a map!)
- I worked as an Assistant Manager for Wal-Mart
- I love, love, LOVE to cook and will be sharing lots of recipes here
- Autumn is the best time of year, hands down
- I hate winter, and cold, and snow, but would never consider moving south. Too hot.
- I have a degree in Web Design and Multimedia
- I can’t live without bacon. Or garlic. Or Coffee
- I have a love of SnapChat filters
- My favorite color is green
- I’ve been married since 2006
- I either enjoy a few Haribo gummy bears or a big cup of coffee when I’m blogging.
- I love to read
- Don’t talk to me unless I’ve been caffeinated first
- I eat my apples with a slice of cheddar cheese
- I have VERY strong opinion in regards to food
- My husband thinks I have OCD because all my washcloths get stacked in color groups, I can’t stand big messes and everything has a certain place in my kitchen/pantry. I just call this being overly organized
- I’m a horrid speller and thank my lucky stars for spell check
- I think there is a place for GMO’s, just not in my food
- Halloween is my favorite holiday
- It is not my place to judge you
All the legal mumbo jumbo can be found by clicking here as well as some extra bits below.
Privacy Statement: I do not personally collect your information, however, emails could be collected by Google Analytics, comments, cookies, and third parties. Other information such as age, location and other demographic information is also collected from the above sources. I will never sell or distribute your email or name, however, your basic demographics are used for affiliates/advertisers/and advertising purposes. Each social media site connected to this website has their own privacy statement and you should refer to them. Updates will be made when necessary and users will not be personally informed when this happens. By visiting this site, you agree to these terms. For any questions, please use our Contact Page.
Copyright: Any information posted on this blog is the intellectual property of Moses Family Table and its creator and is subject to current copyright laws. Moses Family Table © 2017 © 2018
Limitation of Liability: This is a public blog and I am not liable for any errors or omissions. User-generated content (such as comments) that is found offensive will be deleted, however, if one is missed, I am not liable. All the recipes are crafted by Moses Family Table using the tools and resources that I have access to. Results may vary due to user interruption and equipment.
Sponsored Content: Any post, product recommendation, etc that I receive compensation for will be clearly identified.
Disclaimer: Any information found on this blog should be taken at face value. I am not a professional and therefore I am not liable.